1. CONTRACT AND CANCELLATION– The contract between La Femme Portrait and their client shall not become effective until it is signed and the amount due has been paid. At the time the contract takes effect La Femme Portrait shall reserve the date and time agreed upon and not make any other reservations or accept any other client for said date and time. For this reason, in the event that the client cancels the contract for any reason, all monies paid shall be retained by La Femme Portrait in order to offset the loss of business. In case of emergency, the session can be rescheduled with 48 hours notice.
2. SESSIONS– Including pre-consultation at the studio or your home, hair and makeup and all photography during the session, time and ability of the photographer, artistic editing and proofing, in-person viewing at the studio and collection/delivery of all products. La Femme Portrait will produce approx 20-30 portraits, occasionally more. Help is given if required for selecting your favourites, and the most suitable product. Unordered images will be kept for one year and may be purchased within the year.
3. SALES– Final Portraits will be viewed at a pre-arranged in-person viewing appointment. You will be asked to order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a £80 fee. All unordered portraits are kept for one year from date of viewing.
4. VIEWING AND SALES– Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full or through a payment plan agreement. Once an order is placed it is sent to print and deemed non-refundable. Payments may be made cash, cheque, BACS, Visa, or MasterCard. Please allow 28 days for your order to be completed. Some orders may take longer. You will be notified when your order is ready for delivery. Prices for framed prints are available on request and adjusted periodically without notice. Special offers may be made available from time to time at the discretion of La Femme Portrait and withdrawn at any time without notice. Payment plan orders will not be sent for printing until the final payment has been received, with an additional 28 days to await complete orders.
5. CREATIVE LICENCE– While Sarah does capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by her, the artist, for previewing. She carefully renders each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images with eyes closed heads turned, duplicates, etc. will not be shown and are removed from the archives permanently after the artist rendering is complete. (Please bring only the subjects to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with babies and children, as Sarah will need their full attention).
6. FORCE MAJEURE– In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, death, injury or sickness beyond La Femme Portrait’s control, their liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. Your statutory rights are not affected. La Femme Portrait Photography has full Public Liability Insurance. You agree to hold Sarah Holmes and La Femme Portrait from any dispute in the event you become injured during your session. La Femme Portrait and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage to your property during the photo session.
8. OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT– The 1998 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act protects photographers by allowing us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. You may not alter digital files, make illegal copies, scan, print from home or download from our website. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission. This is a standard condition for professional photographers. Pictures are supplied on an on loan basis. The photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes and presentation of the images and any reproduction outside of the studio may lower the quality of the image and damage our reputation for providing superior portraits. All ordered images are kept on file for a period of 1 year. Unordered images are removed from our archives after 30 days. Re-orders placed more than 60 days after the preview appointment, require a minimum £400 re-order.